Reading a magazine or newspaper and want to keep the article electronically? Need to capture receipts, business cards, labels, instructions or maybe a recipe? Simply take a PhotoNote!
PhotoNote is the premier solution for converting an image to electronic text. Commonly known as OCR and widely used in the business world, PhotoNote brings this useful technology to the iPhone! Now even casual users can OCR their every day items like restaurant receipts for expense reports or tax deduction for example, or maybe take a screenshot in another app that you want to save the text.
Take a photo with your iPhone and PhotoNote will convert the photo into electronic text that can be emailed, copied to clipboard, or exported to Facebook, Evernote, Dropbox, or MobileMe. And PhotoNote automatically tags your PhotoNotes to make them searchable in apps such as Evernote. Capture text from as many photos as you wish and save and share the results.
Unlike other apps, PhotoNote performs image enhancement to optimize OCR results. Additional tips for optimal results:
• Photos should be taken on a flat surface with focused, lighted, clear text.
• There should be no bend in the paper that alters the shape of the text.
• Fuzzy, blurry, speckled, or dark photos taken in low light will also negatively affect results.
• Glossy images may also cause glare which may block camera from capturing text.
• Use the crop function to remove any areas not containing text.
• Use the rotate image function if needed to make the image horizontal.